There are lots of things you can do to get involved with the Maritimes-Guatemala Breaking the Silence.
To do right now:
1. Urgent Actions. Add your voice in ensuring protection for human rights defenders.
2. Become Informed. Read more about the current context in Guatemala and the work of BTS and our partners.
3. Donate. Make a one-time or monthly tax-deductible donation to BTS
Over the long-term:
1. Join a Committee. Join a local committee or participate the advocacy or accompaniment committees.
2. Advocacy Call. Participate in monthly or bi-yearly advocacy calls. Contact us for more information.
3. Volunteer in Canada or Guatemala. Talk to us further about becoming an accompanier or other volunteer placements with our Guatemalan partners.
4. Attend the AGM. Spend a weekend with us in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia at our next AGM!
5. Drink Responsibly. Buy the Breaking the Silence brand of JustUs! fair trade coffee, and consider buying other fairly traded crafts from Guatemala and Canada.